Friday, August 13, 2010

Space Art 2-- Names

On titles…for the Space Art, after some internal debate and literally no consulting, I have decided that each work requires an individual title. First I thought about using just numbers and letters which would have been much simpler and uncomplicated but too much like a code. This might have been an easier way to organize them. Nevertheless I don’t feel like a machine. To me all works tend to take on a personality, an individual identity. They remind you of more than just a finished exercise in color and composition. Each one fixes passages of specific time and or brings back particular states of the mind. So I decided to launch them like ships…no champagne or broken bottles but with a phrase or name to call them by. And I have a little fun in the process…

No comments:

Post a Comment